WordPress 5.8.1 is now available
This safety and maintenance version has 60 error corrections and 3 security corrections. Since this is a security version, it is advisable to immediately update your sites. All versions from WordPress 5.4 have also been updated.
WordPress 5.8.1 is a safety release and a maintenance of the short culture. The next main version will be version 5.9.
You can download WordPress 5.8.1 Download from WordPress.org or visit the control panel → Updates and click Update Now.
If you have sites that support automatic background updates, the update process has already begun.
3 Security problems affect WordPress versions between 5.4 and 5.8. If you have not yet updated to 5.8, all 5.4 WordPress versions have also been updated to resolve the following security problems:
- Props @mdawaffe, WordPress security team member for your work that sets a data exposure vulnerability Inside the rest API.
- Thanks to Michał Bentkowski from Securitum to report a XST vulnerability in the Block Editor.
- The Lodash Library has been updated to version 4.17.21 to each branch of incorporating updates ascending corrections.
In addition to these issues, the security team would like to thank the following people for the vulnerabilities of the relationship during the beta test of WordPress 5.8, which allows them to be set before release:
- Evan Ricafort for reporting a XSS vulnerability in the editor Blocks discovered during the beta period of version 5.8.
- Steve Henty for signalling a problem climbing privileges in the blocking editor.
Thanks to all journalists to privately reveal vulnerabilities. This gave the WordPress security team time to solve the vulnerabilities before WordPress sites could be attacked.